2.11.10

6th Form Open Evening - Year 13 MUSINGS......................

Here's what some of the current Year 13 Media Studies students have said about the course:


Adam L:

"Last year it was great for me to really get inventive with video and films. I think it's really helped me to get my creative mind flowing and as a result am applying to study Media Technology at university."

Jack S:

"Media in year 12 for me was the only lesson which was never any effort, not because there is no work. But because all the work is so enjoyable it makes you want to do it. I am applying for media practices at Sussex."


Sophie O:

"Media has been a really enjoyable experience for me and the course over the past year and a half has really helped me to focus on options that I want to do in the future i.e. Media Production at Uni, it's also made me more creative and confident in with ideas."

LIZZY G:

"Media seems to be more of a pursuit of personal interest rather than a lesson. You learn about things you actually care about, we discuss things that our relevant to us, for example if you see an awesome music video you have the chance to share it with everyone. Media has really helped me broaden my skills from print(magazines) all the way through to film."

Freya R:

"I chose to study Media Studies at A level because I was interested in learning something new, and being quite a creative and inventive person, I thought that Media Studies would be a good way to apply my strengths. This subject has been a great way to learn and explore all the different ways the media actually work and also creating your own media and applying your knowledge to your own piece, which i have really enjoyed."

Jess S:

"Throughout Sixth Form my favourite lesson has been media. Although there is a lot of work, the lessons are always really relaxed. It has really helped me expand my skills such as using photoshop to create magazines and CD covers etc. I have really enjoyed producing these pieces of work."


Joel M:

"Media is a unique discipline, which I have found to be very rewarding. My course has comprised of a written exam and two production pieces: a film opening and a music video. It is easy to get engaged in this task, and the sense of achievement when your finished work is showcased is great! Applying to uni, I have found this course to be helpful, as it is so different and requires creativity and dedication to your coursework."

No comments:

Post a Comment